In 1908 Mr. Frank Robinson, a builder and entrepreneurial from Winchester, VA, bought ten (10) acres East of the Charles Town Mining, Manufacturing, and Improvement Company office (the building now is owned by the City of Ranson, and occupied as Ranson City Hall and offices). Ranson, know to be a center of commerce at the turn of the century, was to become the location for a brick plant owned and operated by Mr. Robinson. In addition to the brick plant, Mr. Robinson built in 1908 his first home – a four square Victorian – located on Second Avenue – Charles Town, WV. The area would not become Ranson until October 15, 1910. Mr. Robinson’s next residence would be located on the corner of Mildred and Second Avenue - one block from The Charles Town Mining Company, etal. Built in 1914, The Robinson House was the personal residence of Frank Robinson. The home was built in the tradition of Victorians of that era, and was solid brick with walls twenty-four inches thick, situated on three city lots. Today the Robison House is much as it was in 1914. The kitchen has retained some of the original cabinetry with a few modern touches. The bathrooms reflect the updates of the early twenties, and are the original marble tiles and fixtures.
Mr. Robinson was born Frank Barnes Robinson, in Fairmont, West Virginia, November 20, 1885. He was educated in West Virginia public schools; West Virginia Wesleyan College, Buckhannon, WV; and the Shenandoah Valley Academy, Winchester, Virginia. Mr. Robinson was a farmer, fruit grower, manufacturer, builder and banker. He was President of the Jefferson Bank and Trust Company; of the Robinson Ice and Cold Storage Corporation (the building is still standing today; and the West Virginia Horticultural Society. He was also Chairman of the Jefferson County Republican Executive Committee; and was elected Senator from the Fifteenth District from 1927 – 1930.
Here for History of Ranson